Standard Features Include:
- Ball Lead Screw: Rolled Ball Screw with BSH Nut .10mm Diameter, 2mm Lead.C7 Accuracy, P1 Preload. The linear accuracy is 50 micrometers/300mm
- 3/8" Gang-tooling tool post, which holds up to four tools
- 14" Base
- 13" Mill table
- Mill Saddle: Has electroless nickel coating with Teflon. This offers a hard surface that is rust proof. The Teflon offers a friction coefficient of .1-.2u for smoother movement of the saddle and the table.
- 3C Collet headstock: TIR (total indicator runout) is rated at .0005, or less
on the 3C headstock. In addition, the 3C spindle is electroless nickel plated to
aid in rust prevention, and to increase the surface hardness of the spindle for
- Powerful 90V DC motor with electronic speed controller
- Two, 2-amp high-torque stepper motors
- Accordion way cover and brass-tube leadscrew cover
- Maximum feed rate is 36 in/min.
- Largest diameter through the collet is ½" (13mm). NOTE: collets are not available through Sherline Products. We recommend buying them from
Stepper Motor Specifications:
|Step Angle Accuracy
|Number of Phase
||1.35 N.m (Newton meters) or 11.94in/lb (inch pound)
||1.0 Kg (2.2 lb.)
||Fa=15 N Max., or 11 lb Max.
||Fr=75 N Max., or 16.8 lb Max.